Thursday, May 12, 2011

Gelish Manicure: Update

Ok folks, so it has been awhile since I had my Gelish manicure, and I thought I would let you know how it stood up to my hardcore lifestyle. First, the polish lasted 15 days, and on the 16th day, it started to chip. And chip, and peel, and essentially fell off on its own for the most part. After a few minutes of finishing the peel that started, my nails were bare of polish. And my nails looked like crap.

If you have ever had an acrylic full set done, imagine how your nails look after they are removed. Yep, like that. My beds were cracked, peeling, and thin. I immediately began to soak them in cuticle oil, and filed the nails down and applied some clear polish to protect them. I am uncertain if this happened due to overzealous filing prior to application, or because the manicurist did not use enough Gelish foundation base, or if the product just does that.

I opted not to post a pic, as it was really awful and I also ahem, forgot to capture that image. In any case, I am handling my own manicures for a month or so to let my nail beds heal, and I may attempt to have another gel manicure at another salon, just to see if the results are the same. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment